RESOURCESGAME DAY SCORING APP
View draws, results and standings for all Wellington Softball competitions - tap on the Fixtures button.
View Team Lists - tap the Fixtures button and them tap on the team you wish to see.
View live scoring - during game time, tap the Fixtures button, select the Results tab for the competition you want and watch the scores update live while the game is being played.
Link back to the Wellington Softball website.
No, the only people who need logins are those scoring the games and selecting the teams.
It's available now in the App Store and Google Play.
The first step is to ensure your club has registered everyone online through Sporty.co.nz and created teams as per the Registration User Guide. All players need to be moved into a squad in Teambuilder.
To use the app as a scorer, check out the videos or "Softball Official User Guide" on this page.
If after reading these documents, if your club has questions in relation to the app set-up please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to login
Selecting a Game Day Team
Scoring a Game
Will we still do paper team sheets, game reports or text in our scores?
Premier One grades will be required to fill out a paper team sheets for use by the umpires, but otherwise, no, all of these will be done in the APP.
Which competitions/grades will use the app?
All grades of all competitions managed by Wellington Softball will use the app. Except for the U7's and U9's grades.
Who will have access to the Team Sheets & Game Scoring?
Anyone who has been given a login to their team by their Club. Clubs will manage this, and have been asked to make sure there is back up in case someone is away or doesn't have their phone with them. Managers will be required to register as volunteers at their clubs to set up their login.
How will the players get on the Team Sheet?
All players must be registered with their club and be allocated to a team in TeamBuilder to appear on a team sheet. Unregistered players will not be able to be loaded to a team sheet.
Do you have to be online/using data to use the APP?
Only to select a team or submit a final result, everything else can be done offline on game day.
How do I get the APP?
It's available now in the APP Store and Google Play Store
As a manager, scorer or coach how do I get access?
Your club administrator will provide you with the scorer code to access your team(s).
I forgot my password
You can reset your password via the Officials icon login by clicking the Forgot password? link.
My APP doesn't have an officials button?
Check you have downloaded the Wellington Softball app, not your local club app. Links to the app are above.
My phone died and I need to submit a team list, what do I do?
1. Keep a hard copy of the results and enter when you get home.2. Your club should have given access to more than one person in your team, ask around and submit team list through there.3. All else fails, here is a template of the team list/sheet/match report.
I have logged in, and I can’t see my game?
1. Has your draw been created? You can tell by checking on the website or on the draws button.2. Check with your club admin that you have access to the right team.3. Check your team has an active draw.4. Ask your club admin to send you the login app link again, click on the appropriate link in the app and then log into the app again.5. You’re not the scorer of the correct team, or you haven’t been granted scoring access to this team.
Some of my players aren’t there, why?
1. The players haven’t registered with the club.
2. The players have registered, but they haven’t been loaded into team.
3. Check in other squad, do this by clicking on "select from other squad" in the app and select the players from other teams.
If they’re not registered they cannot play this match. Solution: Player needs to register online and club admin needs to assign that player to the team so you can select them.
It's Game Day and I have a problem that isn’t answered here, what do I do?
1. Use your second scorer’s phone for this weekend and sort out on Monday.2. Contact your club administrator in the first instance to check if they can help.3. If they can’t help, ask your club administrator to contact Wellington Softball.4. If there is a massive problem, we will put a notification on our Facebook page letting you know what you can do.
I think the APP is broken or there has been a total failure?
Check our Wellington Softball Facebook page for updates
WELLINGTON SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
Hataitai Ball Park, WellingtonPhone: (04) 386 1891
Website photography taken by Paulo Pics